Thursday 24 July 2014

"Reindeers are better than people....."

Well this is according to my biggest girl and Kristoff from Disney's Frozen (if you haven't seen it yet then PLEASE do!)
And this wonderful Ameo Designs "Frame Deer" fabric has arrived just in time for some serious summer sewing. Ameo Designs is the creation of surface and pattern designer (and local Halton friend) Vickie Price www.ameodesigns.com






I bought Vickie's beautiful place mats and scandi-butterfly coasters a while back and a few of us persuaded (ok begged) her to make up the stags head design in fabric , and very kindly she did! ps you can buy yours (and coasters and greetings cards) from Deb at the PlainStitch Workroom in Wendover www.plainstitch.co.uk and she is open for business every Thursday and Saturday during the summer hols - yippeee - but don't leave it too long as I already have my eye on more for another cushion and a lampshade and .....well , lots of other projects :)
I love the idea of locally designed and made and Vickie is so talented you will be blown away by her fabric, coasters, greeting cards and stunning wall paper! Thank you Vickie for giving me and many other sewing friends your unique and very special "creative lift".


1 comment:

  1. Lovely lovely suprise! It's always lovely to see work that initially started up as 'sketches' now in physical products in real, home settings. I look at that print and it takes me back a good 18 months to when I was sketching stags and moose at the Tring Natural History Museum! Oh I love the cushion x

    ReplyDelete