Sunday 13 April 2014

It is Claire, checking in with my current quilting project. As some of you may know I am recovering from another back op which went well but only time will tell it's real success. To aid my healing my wonderful mum,Pat, took the kids away for a holiday. The house was peaceful so I got sewing.

Before the op I had plenty of time to prepare for the long rest ahead so I decided on a manageable hand sewing project that I could cope with lying flat on my back. After my last op I finished the mammoth job of hand quilting my whole cloth quilt.
Anyway, I love bold colour and have longed to do some more sewing with Kaffe Fassett fabrics. I made my sister a lovely 40th present quilt and some of you may remember the stripy quilt I made one retreat day. 
Made for my sister
Retreat day quilt


So I decided on an Orange Peel project which is really simple, small and manageable. It involves paper piecing and applique. I prepared lots of 4" squares and orange peel shapes. My background squares are neutrals and the peels are bright and bold. A lot of fabric came from my stash but I just had to buy some new Kaffe Fassett charm squares. I don't think my husband has noticed yet! 



I am trying so hard to be random in my selection of fabrics as I pick them out of the bag but I do struggle with that! 
So here is progress so far and I am loving the way the squares look together. 





1 comment:

  1. Oh WOW! I love it! I hope all this bright cheery sunshine and your bright cheery fabric is making the post op time whizz by. love debs x

    ReplyDelete