Thursday 10 April 2014

It's good to give......

This is a first for me, making a quilt for a family member that doesn't actually live in our house.....cousin Izzy is 2 next month and I thought an Owlie type quilt would be a lovely gift, that is until I saw how beautifully it took shape following a quilt consultation with Debs at the PlainStitch Workroom on Saturday, and had the most amazing help from her lovely biggest girl who picked out the most perfect fabric in terms of colour and pattern to go with the Adorn It Owl fat quarters I had been stashing for a while. It was lots of fun, but with a deadline of a few days I needed to crack on so got to work on my new Janome and hey presto the quilt was finished, topped off nicely with a made to match pillow case following the wonderful Mum & Daughter class this week with Debs' lovely biggest girl again at the helm :)
Well, it's good to give away something you've made that you have put real thought into and that you know someone else will love, or so I thought.....I hope I manage a smile and don't have a tug of war over it when the moment to hand it over comes ;)


My other gift is another fabric basket this time in a pretty butterflies print (the receiver loves butterflies, birds, owls, hedgehogs....so I thought I'd incorporate all of the above into one basket!) Now I just need to hand these all over with a smile and remember to actually let go.....


2 comments:

  1. Wow Julia! That was fast work - it looks fantastic! Lucky cousin !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Julia, they are both beautiful and lovely colours, what special gifts. When do you find time to sleep?!!!

    ReplyDelete